Today marks the start of the Christian observance of Lent, the forty days between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday when followers traditionally make a commitment to a personal challenge for 40 days. Whether you are Christian or not, this is a great time to make a commitment to your health and create a new healthy habit. Join C.H.O.I.C.E.S. and make a commitment to you health by earning a Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+).
Choose a different nutrition goal each week including: increasing whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean protein, water intake, reducing sodium, and monitoring portion size. Then make a commitment to weekly physical activity: 30 mins, 5 days a week for adults, and 60 mins, 5 days a week for kids ages 6-17. Not only will you receive an award for reaching your goals but by joining C.H.O.I.C.E.S.' Let's Move! Atlanta Team, you can show the world just what the entire Metro Area can do when we work together!
So let's get started…
1. Go to www.presidentschallenge.org.
2. Click on REGISTER NOW in the top right hand corner.
3. Click on CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT in the center of the page.
4. Select a username, passwork, and enter basic information. Click to accept the terms of service and click REGISTER.
5. Choose a challenge. Select PRESIDENTIAL ACTIVE LIFESTYLE AWARD (PALA+) CHALLENGE and click SUBMIT.
6. Click on GROUPS.
7. Go to SEARCH GROUPS and enter Let's Move! Atlanta then click SUBMIT.
8. Click on Let's Move! Atlanta in the search results.
9. Click JOIN THIS GROUP under the C.H.O.I.C.E.S. 10 Year Anniversary Logo.
10. YOU DID IT! Connect with others in the group and compare your points to others. Click on TRACKER to select nutrition goals and track daily exercise.
For assistance getting started with C.H.O.I.C.E.S.' Let's Move! Atlanta Group, email email@example.com.