Hi guys! Lisa here again. I've been getting lots of emails about the PALA+ Challenge, and I love reading each and every one – keep them coming. Most of the emails are asking for tips and advice on how to successfully complete the challenge, so here's my top 5 tips for PALA+ success!
- Champions Keep Track – Log into your account on www.presidentschallenge.org right after you complete your activity to track your progress. Studies show people who track their progress daily for any task are more likely to reach their goals.
- Champions Are Thinkers – Champions are always thinking of was to squeeze a little extra activity into their day and the PALA+ Challenge make that easy because almost every form of activity counts, as long as you are using the major muscle groups. Dancing while you get ready in the morning; taking the stairs instead of the elevator; and parking a bit farther away from the door than you usually do, are all great examples of easy ways to sneak in activity. Shorter bursts of activity throughout the day still count towards completing your PALA+ Challenge.
- Champions Have A Plan – Schedule your activity like any other appointment. It’s a lot harder to skip a workout if you have it written down in your calendar. It’s an appointment with yourself, and you don’t want to miss that meeting.
- Champions Love A Challenge – Challenge your family, friends, classmates, neighbors, basically everyone you know. Make it a friendly competition to keep your motivation high.
- Champions Are Leaders – By completing the PALA+ Challenge, you will serve as a leader by example for your community. Be sure to use this position to encourage others by spreading the word about the challenge to your friends, connecting with other challenge participants through the Let’s Move Atlanta page at www.presidentschallenge.org and on our Facebook group, and leave your tips and comments on the C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Blog.