Wednesday, April 4th is the American Heart Association's National Walking Day. There are so many benefits to walking including lowering blood pressure, boosting your mood, and strengthening muscle. The infographic to the right (courtesy of everybodywalk.org ) highlights more health benefits of walking.
Just 30 minutes a day, five days a week is all it takes. Get out and enjoy the beautiful warm weather by taking a walk with your family today, and make a commitment to find ways to include walking in your daily routine. Below are some ideas.
- Park at least 10 spaces from the front door.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Wear a pedometer & set daily goals.
- Sneak in walks during lunch or commercial breaks.
- Make it a habit & schedule a family walk after dinner.
For more information on National Walking Day, including walking clubs and trails, visit www.startwalkingnow.org.