Hi! It's me, Vanetta Keyes, Founder & Executive Director of C.H.O.I.C.E.S. and I am working on earning a Presidential Active Lifestyle Award this summer. I just completed my second week in the PALA+ Challenge and I have encountered many hurdles. This Challenge is requiring more scheduling and planning of my activities. I got up early on Tuesday morning, got dressed, put on Sophie's leash, and put up the garage door – only then did I realize it was raining! I knew I had a late dinner meeting and this was my only window to exercise. I told Sophie I was sorry, hopped in the car, and went to gym to walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes. That was only one of my many minor set backs this week since there are so many indoor activities to keep you moving. My daughters will usually go for the Wii Fit or find a Wii sports game to play. I found myself doing a lot of walking this week, squeezing in the extra activity wherever I could. In fact, today is National Running Day, maybe I should turn my walk into a run to celebrate!
One way I am staying motivated is with the Let's Move! Atlanta Group at www.presidentschallenge.org. That's the offical page for our PALA+ Challenge. You can click on compare and see how many points you've earned compared to the rest of the group. I know the other group members are gaining on me which is motivating me to stay ahead of the pack. Join the group to see how your activity compares. Starting at Let's Move! DeKalb on Saturday, July 28th, the competition will really heat up. There's a special suprise coming for all our PALA+ Award winners this September (more on that coming soon), so register now so you don't miss out. For more on the PALA+ Challenge, check out last week's blog post.
Get started today…
1. Go to www.presidentschallenge.org.
2. Click on REGISTER NOW in the top right hand corner.
3. Click on CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT in the center of the page.
4. Select a username, passwork, and enter basic information. Click to accept the terms of service and click REGISTER.
5. Choose a challenge. Select PRESIDENTIAL ACTIVE LIFESTYLE AWARD (PALA+) CHALLENGE and click SUBMIT.
6. Click on GROUPS.
7. Go to SEARCH GROUPS and enter Let's Move! Atlanta then click SUBMIT.
8. Click on Let's Move! Atlanta in the search results.
9. Click JOIN THIS GROUP under the C.H.O.I.C.E.S. 10 Year Anniversary Logo.
10. YOU DID IT! Connect with others in the group and compare your points to others. Click on TRACKER to select nutrition goals and track daily exercise.
For assistance getting started with C.H.O.I.C.E.S.' Let's Move! Atlanta Group, email email@example.com. And keep up with the C.H.O.I.C.E.S. blog for more updates on my personal challenge, and great fitness and nutrition tips to keep you motivated.