C.H.O.I.C.E.S.' PALA+ CHALLENGE
PALA stands for Presidential Active Lifestyle Award, a national program of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition. The program's goal is to increase physical activity and improve eating habits across the nation.
How does it work?
Each week you will choose a different nutrition goal including: increasing whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean protein, water intake, reducing sodium, and monitoring portion size. Then make a commitment to weekly physical activity: 30 mins, 5 days a week for adults, and 60 mins, 5 days a week for kids ages 6-17. You will have to meet these requirements for six out of eight weeks, and track your progress online to earn your award.
What's in it for me?
The C.H.O.I.C.E.S.' PALA+ Challenge is an opportunity to join your community in good health. Be a part of a team, feel great, and earn an award, there are lots to choose from at The Presiden't Challenge Website. Complete your challenge by July 20th and you will be recognized onstage at Let's Move! DeKalb on July 28th.
How do I get started?
Join C.H.O.I.C.E.S.' Let's Move Atlanta Team to show the nation what Atlanta families can do when we work together. Here's how:
1. Go to www.presidentschallenge.org.
2. Click on REGISTER NOW in the top right hand corner.
3. Click on CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT in the center of the page.
4. Select a username, password, and enter basic information. Click to accept the terms of service and click REGISTER.
5. Choose a challenge. Select PRESIDENTIAL ACTIVE LIFESTYLE AWARD (PALA+) CHALLENGE and click SUBMIT.
6. Click on GROUPS.
7. Go to SEARCH GROUPS and enter Let's Move Atlanta then click SUBMIT.
8. Click on Let's Move! Atlanta in the search results.
9. Click JOIN THIS GROUP under the C.H.O.I.C.E.S. 10 Year Anniversary Logo.
10. YOU DID IT! Connect with others in the group and compare your points to others. Click on TRACKER to select nutrition goals and track daily exercise.
For assistance getting started with C.H.O.I.C.E.S.' Let's Move! Atlanta Group, email email@example.com.